Students may not realize they can make a difference in the world. Use this board as a way to share the lessons of how their actions can impact those around them in a positive way. Share themes like spreading encouragement, sharing happiness, or doing what you love. Have your students make a commitment to leaving a positive imprint and have them post their hands on this bulletin board design using Fadeless® Inspired by Schoolgirl Style™.
• Southern Belle Shiplap Fadeless® Inspired by Schoolgirl Style™ Paper, 48" x 12', #P0040058 or 48" x 50', #P0040055
• Lite Blue Fadeless® Paper, 48" x 12', #P0057218
• Emerald Fadeless® Paper, 48" x 12', #P0057148
• Bordette® Decorative Border, 2-1/4" x 50', Emerald, #P0037144
• Bordette® Decorative Border, 2-1/4" x 50', Brown, #P0037024
• Tru-Ray® Construction Paper, 12" x 18", Royal Blue, #P103049
• Tru-Ray® Construction Paper, 12" x 18", Holiday Red, #P103049
• Prang® Shades of Me Construction Paper, 9" x 12", #9509
• Prang® Clear Glue Stick, #X15083
• Double-sided Tape
• Cricut machine (optional)
Cover bulletin board with Southern Belle Shiplap Fadeless® Inspired By Schoolgirl™ Style Paper. To do this, first cut enough paper to cover the board. Find the center of the paper you’ve cut. Roll in edges in and secure at the bottom of the rolls with binder clips. Start securing the paper to the board by stapling at the top center. Roll the paper out to the left or right, stapling as you go. Roll out the remainder of the paper to the other side stapling across the top. Then staple down the sides and bottom, smoothing the paper as you go along. Cut off excess paper around edges. (For our “How to” video go to: youtu.be/0BW84xgH3fo).
Prepare bulletin board components. Cut a 32" circle from the Lite Blue Fadeless® Paper. Freehand draw the North America and South America continents on the Emerald Fadeless® Paper and cut out. Glue or tape the continents to the Lite Blue Fadeless® Paper. Attach the world to the board using double-sided tape.
Next, either print the letters at 200% and cut out of the Tru-Ray® Royal Blue Construction Paper or, if using a Cricut, use our file at bit.ly/3Lp0MDl. Attach the letters to the board using double-sided tape.
Trace the hands of each student in your class and have them cut out his or her hand. Have them write their names on their hands and tape the hands to the board using double-sided tape.
Cut two 7" squares out of the Tru-Ray® Holiday Red Construction Paper. Cut two hearts out of the squares. Attach the hearts to the board using double-sided tape.
Lastly, to complete the board, tape, glue, or staple Emerald Bordette® around edges.
Layer Brown Bordette® so scallop faces out on top of the Emerald Bordette®.